Friday, February 29, 2008

The First Event

Well, I suppose that today is officially the first day of "la mia vita italiana" (my Italian life). I have been looking for an Italian family to Au Pair for since Christmas, and now I have finally found one! They are a wonderful family and live in Turin, Italia (Torino, Italy) and I am so excited to meet them. Here is a general gist of what I know about them so far...

MATTEO - Father
Name Matteo
Nickname Teo
Age 40
Height 188 cm
School: graduate in economics; manager in an automotive company
Sports swimming, cycling, skiing, running (marathons)
Hobbies reading, running marathons
Languages Good German, English I think now you have an idea.

BENEDETTA - Mother
Name Benedetta
Nickname Benny
Age 40
Height 160 cm
School: graduate in physics, she works as a researcher in an R&D centre
Sports swimming, cycling, skiing
Hobbies reading, theatre, chatting with friends, cooking
Languages Good English and French.

TOMMASO - Son
Name Tommaso
Nickname Tom
Age 12
Height 155 cm
School 1st year of secondary school from September, good performance
Sports basket(team), swimming(team), cycling, skiing, running, soccer
Hobbies watching sports on tv; playing with friends
Very active, he wants always playing with the ball, very very very generous and helpful. We call him also Little Bear because he is really very near to what should be a bear cub. He likes to have friends at home playing with them. We spend a lot of time together, he cycles and I run for hours on Sunday, we ski also together and we are very close-knit. He is very curious and ask about everything he hears and sees.
My friends call him “why boy” because never stops to make questions.
Languages Basic English, very good Italian.

EUGENIA - Daughter
Name Eugenia
Nickname Nene the Princess
Age 9
Height 125 cm
School: 3rd classroom primary school from September, top performance
Sports swimming, cycling, skiing, ice-skating(team)
Hobbies playing with dolls and drawing
She is my Princess, a bit snob, with her strong ideas but loving and tender as nobody else.
She loves ice skating, the other activities she does if all us do as well. She spends hours playing with dolls and teaching them what she learns at school. She is very clever, likes to go to school and she want always to be irreproachable.
Basic English , very good Italian. She never stops talking, she is our mobile radio.

I am going to talk to them on the phone on Sunday, so i'll post more after that!

Ciao ciao,
Tiffany

3 comments:

CurlyCraze said...

Congrats! Glad to hear your plans are moving forward :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. hope you keep this up.

Melodie said...

sounds like a fun family - keep this blog updated for us, it's a great idea!