Well, my bags are packed and I ready to go…cause I’m leaving on a jet plane! Don’t know when I’ll be back again.
Seriously though, I’m sitting here in the Denver airport writing this post on my laptop with the free Wi-fi. I’ve been packing for the past 4 days, and I’m finally ready and leaving. Most of you know that I originally thought I would only be allowed to bring one 50 lb bag with be to Italy. However, on Saturday my mom got curious about a few things and called the airline. She found out for me that since I am allowed two bags on my first flight, they both can be taken all the way to my final destination! That was awesome news, but it meant that packing took me longer. I stayed up until about 2:30 am packing last night. I’m excited about all the extra stuff I get to bring though…computer speakers, books, more clothes, more shoes, more of everything!
I got up at 6:45 this morning to finish some things up and was planning to leave at 8 am for the airport. Dad left for work and called on his way saying the freeway was backed up and we should leave as soon as possible (this was at about… 7:30?). Anyway, we didn’t end up leaving the house until 8:15 am, and mom was nervous about getting to the airport on time. We took some other road instead of the freeway, but it turned out there was a lot of construction going on. It didn’t seem to delay us very much though; we got to the airport at about 8:55 am. Checking in took a really long time. There was no line to the counter, but when the woman tried to check me into my flight from Rome to Torino (with a different airline), it turned out that my flight had been cancelled! So we spent about 35 minutes standing around while she called the other airline and sorted things out. The other airline had bumped me to the next flight, so now I have a layover in Rome of about 4 hours instead of 2 hours. It all worked out fine besides that.
Well, they are starting to board my flight, so I gotta jet. (haha) CIAO!
1 comment:
UP, up and away. Dad reports that the "numerology" of your name is 3, and that means that you are enthusiastic, creative, optimistic and fun-loving. You seek self-expression through words or the arts, and enjoy learning through life experiences. Sounds like our Tiffany! Ciao!
Post a Comment